This is the ratified & amended official Constitution of the Parliament of /pol/. Ratification was completed on 06/22/15 by a 12-1-0 vote.
The quorum is 10 MPs or 10% of all MPs, whichever number is greater.
Amendments can be proposed by any MP, then must be seconded by another MP and passed with a 2/3 vote of Parliament with a quorum.
Legislative Branch Edit
Basic Outline Edit
- The Legislature will be an unicameral body known as the Parliament of /pol/.
- Legislation can be passed by a simple majority of Parliament with a quorum.
The Size of Parliament Edit
- The default size of Parliament will be 200 seats.
can be increased by 15 seats once per week by a simple majority vote with a quorum, but only if the expertise to update the chart is available.
Executive Branch Edit
Basic Outline Edit
- The Executive branch will be led by the President of /pol/, who serves as the Head of State and Government.
The Office of the President Edit
- Can veto up to 5 bills a week, which can only be overridden by a 2/3 majority.
- Commander in Chief of the armies of /pol/.
Head of Government can appoint up to ten Ministers to the Cabinet, Minister of Records MUST be appointed before any other ministers can be
establish up to six new ministries to help run the government (Exchequer, Defense, Records & Foreign Affairs exist by default)
- As Head of State he is chief diplomat of /pol/.
President's running mate in the election becomes Vice President, if no running mate is chosen the 2nd place candidate becomes Vice President.
Election of the President Edit
- To be elected by the general assembly of /pol/ Parliament.
candidates and running mates must be registered at least 6 hours before the election, candidates will start being accepted 6 days before the election to allow time to campaign.
no candidate captures 50% of the vote there will be a best of two runoff election, to be overseen by the OP or designated election officials.
Limits of the President Edit
- The President can serve up to three two-week terms.
- Can be impeached by a 2/3 vote with at least 20 participant members or 10% of all seats, whichever is greater.
The Office of the Vice President Edit
- Takes over for the President in the case of resignation, impeachment, or death/incapacitation.
- Acts as Head Speaker of the Parliament
- Can override the speakers planned docket and set their own for one session per week but must attend said session.
- Can take the tiebreaking vote in the vote on a bill, but only if present for the session.
Electoral Branch Edit
separate branch of government to oversee elections and election schedules. Will consist of 5 MPs from different parties, who will retain their votes and seats in Parliament.
committee will consist of 5 members, two chosen from the three largest parties, two from the two smallest major parties, and the fifth is a vote among all members to choose someone from a party that hasn't already been chosen. Each party from those groups selects their own representative to serve a 3 week term.
- The election for this will be set on a Thursday, so any party that began after Sunday but before Thursday doesn't qualify.
Bill of Rights Edit
To Be Determined
- Signing this document is a vote of support for it.
Darkgod [Edgelords] !!BD9ejJS6lUb Illusive Man [Cerberus] (!!5Oad5RQQgcg)
Sir Zyklon [NatSoc] (!!ndtY4Lv6geP)
GermanicUltranationalist [NatSoc] (!NBNWXT2C6M)
Joseph Goebbels [RefNatSoc] !!Evi+K+3CRu3
Peppa Greens [PIIP] (!!yao7FqnfPva)
Sansos[Galactic Empire] (!!jH/ysVV0w1Q)
Engels Ankles [Partisans] (!!u1jIP4z7+3D)
Tact [Independent] (!!kMXNmdNlm8q)
Ron Paul [Libertarian Party] (!!8C+bpVJ+V7D)
Moff Wibbles [Galactic Empire] (!!V2CT8D+TDJt)
Mr.Hank [Partisans] (!!hhmWWtG5AQX)
James Sterben [Cerberus] (!!B2/NClKb6fn)
Kai Leng[Cerberus] !!Vsfvmzcaa54
Trotsky [Cerberus] (!!H1mG6NpxhnN)
Rudi [NatSoc] !/JBOZyv5DE
Comrade Squatov [Partisans] !!OwQaAWi5kqF
Karl Jr. [S.P.A] !!PGTX3zIkLFA
Big Boss [Cerberus] !!+1AJ/9WMylF
ayynon [Skeleton Horde] !!173g33yAoQZ
Hajime Maya [Yakuza] !!pF2VQ1kwTSA
pussyhunter [Edgelords] !!/yXxVjEJdXd
Bonejangles[Skeleton Horde] !!7c+QLIzqgqA
Gary Johnson 2012 [Libertarian Party] !!Jc0Ve71Gqct
Leif Erickson [Radicaalfrysk] !!SoDOM3wgy5k
Rokai [Centrist] !!+bxWr04GdGJ
Sammy Hagar [PER] !!UDQcbBlzhoY
John Locke Jr. [Libertatian] !!p7h2m64z99R
Keksimus Maximus [Libertarian] !!mKIcgDoyWGt
See Also Edit
- Proposed Constitutional Amendments
- Legislative Docket
- Passed Laws
- Basic Rules